Schotense lokale onlinekrant
maximum allowed under the leagues

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Gazet van Schoten // Politiek in Schoten
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
wh3171

BerichtGeplaatst: 21-11-2019 08:32:41    Onderwerp: maximum allowed under the leagues Reageren met citaat
SAN DIEGO -- A rare big night from the Padres offence overshadowed Tim Stauffer stepping into the depleted rotation and giving San Diego a strong start. Rowan Wick Jersey . "That was a great lift for the staff," Padres manager Bud Black said. Yonder Alonso and Yasmani Grandal homered, and Chase Headley drove in three runs, as the Padres beat the Chicago Cubs 11-1 on Friday night. The Padres set a season-high in runs and had 12 hits. Everyone but Will Venable had at least one hit among the starting position players. But with starters Andrew Cashner and Robbie Erlin going on the DL this week with elbow woes, the Padres were in a pickle. They turned to the veteran Stauffer (2-0) and he didnt disappoint. Making his first start since May 14, 2012 at Washington, Stauffer pitched five shutout innings and gave up two hits. "And two years from now it should feel pretty good again," Stauffer joked about his time between starts. "It felt good and after getting through that first inning, the offence really set the tone. After that I was just trying to keep pitches down and eat up some innings and keep the bullpen fresh." Stauffer struck out five, with a walk and hit batter and earned his win as a starter win since Sept. 16, 2011, against Arizona. The Padres snapped a four-game losing streak with a performance which was out-of-character for a team which has been shut out eight times, tops in the majors. "We havent had many of those games," Black said. "A couple, but not many. When that happens there is a different feeling in the dugout and a different vibe. Everyone wants to get to the bat rack, to start hacking and wanting to get involved." Edwin Jackson (3-4) took the loss, allowing eight runs and nine hits in just four innings. The Cubs managed one runner in scoring position through six innings before Welington Castillo drove in Luis Valbuena with a broken-bat single in the seventh. Three relievers completed the five-hitter for San Diego. The Padres scored four first-inning runs, matching their total from the previous three games. Seth Smith drove in two with a single and after Headley reached on a fielders choice, Alonso smacked his second home run of the season. The Padres began Friday averaging 2.98 runs per game, the lowest in the majors. Grandal opened the second inning with his fifth homer, this one to the opposite field. Everth Cabrera and Cameron Maybin singled and Headley brought them home with a booming double to right for a 7-0 cushion. "Its about time," Grandal said. "Ive been hitting fly balls that way and they all seem to be short. I was lucky enough to hit one that actually carried a little bit more." Headley added his third RBI with a fourth-inning single after Maybin doubled. All of this came at the expense of Jackson, a pitcher the Padres flirted with before he signed last year as a free agent with the Cubs. Hes now 0-5 against the Padres, with a 6.94 ERA. Jackson had been keen avoiding the long ball -- only two home runs allowed in this seasons previous nine starts. But hes had trouble in the early innings and that rang true against the Padres. Of Jacksons 31 earned runs this year, 23 have come in the first two innings. "His command wasnt as sharp as it has been," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. Cabrera, Maybin, Alonso, Headley and Jedd Gyorko each had two hits for the Padres. "The swung the bats well and took advantage of Jackson," Renteria said. NOTES: The Padres juggled their rotation with LHP Robbie Erlin joining RHP Andrew Cashner (elbow) on the DL this week with elbow soreness. Donn Roach was bumped from Saturdays start, with Billy Buckner expected to fill in after being promoted from Triple-A El Paso. That made Roach available for relief on Friday; he worked a scoreless inning. Buckner, who was signed April 19, was 3-2 with a 2.98 in five starts at El Paso. . OF Carlos Quentin, who last played on Sunday when straining his groin, is available for pinch hitting. . Cubs OF Justin Ruggiano played in his second straight game at Triple-A Iowa; hes been on the DL since April 24 with a strained hamstring. . RHP Pedro Strop (groin strain) is close to making a rehabilitation start. . Cubs LHP Travis Wood (4-4, 4.61) faces Padres RHP Billy Buckner (0-0, 0.00) on Saturday night. Nicholas Castellanos Cubs Jersey . This week they discuss the Philadelphia 76ers, Gregg Popovich, Royal and Ancient Golf Club and Bill Belichick. Craig Kimbrel Jersey . -- Oakland Athletics third baseman Scott Sizemore has undergone surgery on his left knee to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament. https://www.cheapcubs.com/1910t-koji-uehara-jersey-cubs.html NEW YORK -- Boston Bruins forward Shawn Thornton said Sunday he wont contest a fine of more than $2,800 for squirting water from the bench at Montreal Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban in the final minute of Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinals. "I obviously got caught up in the moment," Thornton said on an offday at the TD Garden. "Im sorry that this silly incident kind of overshadowed how my teammates played and the great win and how good this series has been. "Theres definitely more important things that we can focus on." The Bruins were leading the Canadiens 4-2 in the final minutes Saturday night when Subban skated past the Boston bench with the puck. Thornton squirted water at the Montreal defenceman, hitting him in the face shield. Angered, Subban approached the bench and exchanged words with Thornton. He then went to complain to the referee. "Somebody sprayed water on my visor at the end of the game. I couldnt see out of half of it," Subban said after the game, acknowledging the incident, while annoying, did not affect the outcome. "I dont wwant it to be bulletin board material. Willson Contreras Jersey. " Boston held on to win the game 4-2 and take a 3-2 lead in the best-of-seven series. The Bruins need a victory Monday night in Montreal to eliminate the Canadiens and avoid a decisive seventh game in Boston on Wednesday. The fine of $2,820.52 is the maximum allowed under the leagues collective bargaining agreement with the union. The money goes to the players emergency assistance fund. Bruins coach Claude Julien said he didnt approve of Thorntons behaviour and let him know. "As a coach, you always want to support your players but theres certain things you cant support," Julien said Sunday. "I dont think I can support Shawn on those actions. "To me, I dont think we like seeing our players do that. Now whether he got caught up in the game or whatever, to me hes got to own up to it." At the Canadiens training centre in Brossard, Que., coach Michel Therrien seemed satisfied with the fine. "What are you going to do?" he said with a shrug. "Thats not something we appreciate, thats for sure." ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Gazet van Schoten // Politiek in Schoten Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: