Schotense lokale onlinekrant
TORONTO - It was one year ago Monday that the Raptors made t

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Gazet van Schoten // Verenigingsleven in Schoten
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 26-03-2019 07:29:13    Onderwerp: TORONTO - It was one year ago Monday that the Raptors made t Reageren met citaat
TORONTO - It was one year ago Monday that the Raptors made the trade that brought Patrick Patterson to Toronto and altered the course of their future. Wholesale Air Max 98 China .Patterson marked his anniversary by proving his worth — once again.Lou Williams poured in 26 points, and Patterson drained two huge three-pointers late in the fourth quarter, as the Raptors topped the Denver Nuggets 112-107 in overtime Monday.Its a huge responsibility that I want to have, whether its hitting crunch-time situation shots like that or hitting game-changing shots like that, said Patterson, who finished with 19 points. Thats what I want to do, thats what I want to be known for, my energy and my three-point shooting. Its just all about knocking it down and having confidence out there.Williams and Pattersons combined 49 points alone blew away Denvers entire bench, which totalled just 17. Jonas Valanciunas — with 18 points and 12 rebounds — and Kyle Lowry — with 13 points and 13 assists — both had double-doubles on the night for the Eastern Conference-leading Raptors (16-5).Terrence Ross finished with 16 for Toronto, which was playing their fifth game without injured all-star DeMar DeRozan.The Raptors sent Rudy Gay to Sacramento on Dec. 8 of last year, sending Patterson, Greivis Vasquez and Chuck Hayes to the Kings in a deal that turned Torontos sagging season on its ear and ended in a thrilling playoff run.It does not feel like a year. It literally feels like I got traded yesterday, Patterson said. Time flies by when youre having fun and being with these guys, being with this team, this organization, each and every guy in this locker-room makes every single day fun.Much of Monday wasnt so fun, as Toronto coughed up a 17-point first-half lead in front of an Air Canada Centre capacity crowd of 19,800 that included former Raptor Charles Oakley, and led only 82-81 going into the fourth quarter.The Raptors couldnt buy a basket in the fourth, jacking up long-range shots that missed the mark until they found themselves trailing by five points with 2:41 to go.Then Patterson connected for two three-pointers within two minutes, his second pulling the Raptors even at 102-102 with 28 seconds left.Patterson said his strategy was to scream my lungs off to make Lowry see him out at the three-point line.I didnt think Kyle saw me, Patterson said. He got trapped along the baseline. Im thankful that he did see me and made a pass and it went in.Then with the ACC crowd on its feet, Denver turned the ball over on a shot-clock violation, sending the game into the five-minute overtime period.Ross, who finished 1-for-8 from three-point range, finally drained one in overtime.You have to continue with it and trust that theyre going to fall, Raptors coach Dwane Casey said on his teams three-point shooting. T-Ross was zero-for-whatever and then he made that last one which was huge. You have to continue to shoot it, and trust that theyre going to fall.Lowry found Johnson under the basket with 2:10 to go for an easy bucket that put the Raptors up 109-105. And then, with 54 seconds left, Williams stepped back and calmly drained a three, to seal Torontos victory.The Raptors are 14-0 this season after leading after three quarters, a streak that actually stretches back 39 games to April 1, 2013. Toronto has now allowed opponents to score 100-plus points in eight straight games.Casey praised Pattersons effort, saying the forwards activity and his energy are unbelievable as far as the way he comes into the game and impacts the game.He wasnt thrilled with the teams defensive performance.The one thing I will take is effort, the coach said. I thought the guys really busted their behinds and really gave it to us down the stretch and found a way to win. Thats all you can ask. We made some mistakes, thats why they put erasers on pencils.Arron Afflalo had 25 points, while Ty Lawson added 22 for the Nuggets (9-12), who lost for the fourth straight night.No one likes to lose, Afflalo said. When were winning we get confident with how were playing the game, and start seeing some positive results, and I think things will change. When youre losing, its tough.Valanciunas led the way with 10 points and five boards in a first quarter that saw the Nuggets shoot a whopping 68 per cent. A pair of Williams free throws gave the Raptors a seven-point lead with 30 seconds to go, and they led 35-30 to end the quarter.Williams scored nine straight points early in the second to help the Raptors to a 17-point lead, and Toronto took a 62-52 advantage into the halftime break.The Raptors saw their double-digit disappear in the third, as the Nuggets outscored them 29-20 in the frame. Denver used a 22-7 run to pull to within a point on a jumper by Afflalo with 2:09 left in the quarter, and led by one going into the fourth.The Raptors were coming off their worst offensive performance of the season in a 105-91 loss last Friday to the Cavaliers. They face LeBron James and the Cavs again Tuesday in Cleveland.Theyre back home to host the Indiana Pacers on Friday.___Follow @ewingsports on Twitter Cheap Air Max 98 China . The Earthquakes (6-9-7) were coming off a 5-0 loss at home last Saturday to FC Dallas. Even with the draw, the Sounders (13-7-3) climbed back into a tie for both the Western Conference and overall top spot in MLS. Seattle, West co-leader Real Salt Lake and East leader Sporting Kansas City all have 42 points. Air Max 98 Outlet Online . -- The Windsor Spitfires were left with just one goaltender Tuesday after having their starter walk out on them midway through Game 3 of their Ontario Hockey League playoff matchup with the London Knights. http://www.airmax98outlet.com/ . The Irish golfer, whose father Patrick died from cancer, says he underwent surgery for sun spots. The 42-year-old Harrington told Irish radio station Today FM: "Ive had a number of skin cancers removed off my face.LONDON - Before the scramble to sign players in the January transfer window, theres a rush to fill managerial vacancies.Three clubs are making changes in the midst of the Premier League seasons busiest period, with all 20 teams in action on Thursday for the third time in a week.It had been a rare period of stability — the Premier League reached Christmas without a managerial casualty for the first time since 1995 — until Neil Warnock was fired by Crystal Palace on Saturday.With Palace in the relegation zone, that dismissal seemed to be only a matter of time. Perhaps more surprising is Alan Pardew swapping mid-table mediocrity at Newcastle for a relegation scrap at Palace, with the manager in negotiations on Tuesday to rejoin the club he played for in the 1980s.It is likely to create an unexpected vacancy at Newcastle. And the northeast club is searching for a candidate in the same managerial talent pool as West Bromwich Albion, which fired Alan Irvine on Monday after only six months in charge.If you dont get results, then clubs change managers now more regularly than they did before, said West Ham manager Sam Allardyce, whose team hosts West Brom on New Years Day. When it comes up to a transfer window as well, it looks like it has a major affect on owners.The manager may have proposed some players to bring in during the window and they may have taken the opinion that they would rather give that opportunity to a new manager. It seems that might be the case.Like Pardew at St. James Park, Allardyce faced calls from his own fans in the last year to quit. Not only could Newcastle fans see the back of Pardew, but the club could also receive more than $3 million in compensation from Palace if a deal can be done. Although owner Mike Ashley seems unlikely to spend on reinforcements in January for the 10th-place team.Allardyce would succeed Pardew as the Premier Leagues second longest-serving current manager. The determination by West Hams owners to stick by the manger they appointed in 20111 has been rewarded by Allardyce taking the team into the second half of the season in sixth place. Cheap Nike Air Max 98 For Sale. Stability doesnt necessarily equal success. There is weariness among some Arsenal fans over the durability of Arsene Wenger, the leagues longest-serving current manager at 16 years-plus, over his failure to deliver the title since 2004. Wenger, though, will restore Arsenal to its accustomed place in the top four at Southamptons expense by beating the surprisingly high-flying south-coast club on Thursday.Here are some other things to watch:___PACESETTERSChelsea has Manchester Citys implosion against Burnley to thank for maintaining its three-point lead. Citys surprise draw came after Chelsea was held by Southampton on Sunday, providing a reminder that the destination of the trophy is far from certain.Chelsea is reunited with Tottenham at White Hart Lane less than month after sweeping to a 3-0 victory at home. Since then, Tottenham has gone five games unbeaten domestically, including Sundays 0-0 draw against Manchester United.We had some bad games last season and we had the feeling that we gave up a bit, Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris said. We are improving. Defensively, we are stronger.___MANCHESTER RIVALSManchester Citys players must be more ruthless against Sunderland after squandering a 2-0 lead against Burnley to draw 2-2, a collapse which raised doubts about their ability to defend the title.We just have to be more clinical up front, City midfielder Samir Nasri said. We have to score. We have to kill the game sometimes.Another slip-up would give Manchester United an opportunity to make up some of the seven-point gap on its neighbours by winning at Stoke.___IN THE DROP ZONEThe three bottom teams all avoided losing on Sunday.For Leicester, there was a first win since September against Hull, but the last-place team next faces a resurgent Liverpool. Burnley follows up its unexpected draw at City with a trip to Newcastle, while Palace plays Aston Villa. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Gazet van Schoten // Verenigingsleven in Schoten Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: